Late 2012 Insteon Hub Replacement Program
Insteon has determined that Insteon Hubs manufactured in late 2012 require replacement with new Insteon Hubs to resolve several hardware and firmware issues. In particular, Insteon has discovered the following:
- The port used for port forwarding can randomly change or reset, disabling remote access
- A subset of Late 2012 Insteon Hubs have been found to randomly change their Insteon ID, breaking control with any connected Insteon devices
- Powerline and RF signals are stronger and more robust in newer Hubs
- Security enhancements that prevent potential remote exploits
Affected Insteon Hubs
Affected Hubs would have been purchased from smarthome.com on or before January 15, 2013.
Insteon Hubs purchased from other retailers, resellers or distributors may have been purchased at a later date. If you are unsure if your Insteon Hub qualifies for the Insteon Hub Replacement Program, please contact Insteon Support.
Identifying an Affected Insteon Hub
You can determine if you have an affected Insteon Hub by using the Insteon app.
- Launch the Insteon app and navigate to Settings
- Tap House
- In House Settings, scroll down until you find Bin Version and Hub Version.
Look in the field named Bin Version and Hub Version.
If the Bin Version is less than 2.6 YF and/or Hub Version is less than 4.8A contact Insteon Support. If your Insteon Hub reports the versions listed above or later, your Hub is not affected.
To receive your replacement Insteon Hub, please use one of the following methods to contact Insteon Support:
1-866-243-8022 Monday - Friday 5AM-7PM, Saturday 6AM-3PM (PT)
The Insteon representative will dispatch a replacement Insteon Hub along with a prepaid return shipping label for your convenience.
When you receive the replacement Hub, you will be required to delete your devices from the original Hub as well as delete your account so that it can be setup with the replacement Insteon Hub.
For step by step instructions, visit the links below:
Removing a device from a Scene using the Insteon Hub
Removing a device from the Insteon Hub
Deleting your Insteon account
This program covers affected Insteon Hubs. Insteon will continue to evaluate service data and will provide further updates to this program as needed.