Issue: Internet Explorer is not displaying IP Camera video feed
Details: Some people have been having trouble accessing their Smarthome Wireless IP Camera using Windows 7 and IE. If you are running Windows 7 and are having trouble installing the Active X Control Module with Internet Explorer, you are probably getting an error related to the “DVM_IPCAM2 ActiveX Control Module” which states “Windows has blocked this software because it can’t verify the publisher.” If this is happening to you then you can fix it by changing your IE Internet Options as instructed here:
1) Open Internet Explorer, click Tools –> Internet Options.
2) Click the Security tab –> Custom Level button.
Under ActiveX Controls and Plug-Ins:
- Allow ActiveX Filtering - enabled
- Allow Previously unused ActiveX controls without prompt - disable
- Allow Scriptlets - disable
- Automatic Prompting for ActiveX controls - disable
- Binary and Script Behaviors - enable
- Display Video and Animation on a Webpage that does not use external media player - enable
- Download Signed ActiveX controls - enable
- Download unsigned ActiveX controls - prompt
- Initialize and Script ActiveX controls not marked safe for scripting - prompt
- Only allow approved domains to use ActiveX without prompt - disable
- Run ActiveX Controls and Plugins - enable
- Run Antimalware software on ActiveX controls - enable
- *Script ActiveX Controls marked safe for Scripting - enable
(*if changed, will require a reboot of the PC)
- If you are still not getting ActiveX prompt try rebooting the computer.
- If after pc reboot, try going to:
Leave the personal data box unchecked and click “OK”
Close the browser and re-launch the camera from the camera tool.
Call Us @ 866-243-8022
Mon-Fri 6am-5:30pm, Sat 6am-2pm (PT)